I’m doing this for the month of April. I’m getting a little rusty with my writing and I want to get back in the habit of writing again.
I’m really not up for Nano Camp next month with my life in transition the way it is.
Here are some things that I’ve been up to, and that may see topics about next month:
1. Work. blah blah blah. Someone today thought I was married to a co-worker. That was weird.
2. I’m doing a craft show on April 18, with necklaces and bracelets I made mostly myself. My younger daughter made some. I’m kind of hoping to make a couple bucks (at least my gas money and money for supplies, pretty please!)
3. Becoming a grandmother. I’m having a hard time picking a name to be called. I don’t want to be Grandma. That’s my mom to my kids, and I’m feeling a bit young for that. Nana? They have a website fully devoted to choosing a grandparent name. It’s a bit hysterical, actually. My daughter and the baby will live here at home while we do our best to keep her in school for the next three years. The dad is in the picture but they are young and no way prepared to be out on their own. Which makes me sad, as I would not have picked that path for my daughter, her boyfriend, or their unborn son.
4. Reading Watership Down for the 1000th time.
5. Winterguard. Just had state finals. We didn’t place, but had a good time and all that. I actually was able to relax in our weekend away unlike last summer.
So anyway, the A to Z challenge is a 6 day a week blogfest (lol) in which one blogs on the first day about something the letter A, the second day is the letter B, and so on. You take off on Sundays. Maybe this will be fun and will get me writing again. My creative juices have shifted to jewelry, and while that’s not necessarily a wholly bad thing, I enjoy the more cerebral task of creating pictures in my imagination and then taking on the daunting task of putting that to words in a way that others might like to read.
It is still my dream to be a published writer someday and if I can’t boot myself out of this stupid rut, then it’s never going to happen.
Anyway, hope to see you all here much more in the next month! Any suggestions for grandma names will be appreciated!